Friday, June 4, 2010

Selfish. March 30, 2010

I am a selfish person.

This is not a major revelation.
Every person is selfish. Regardless of what they say or do, in some way or another they are selfish.

A good friend [thanks to Facebook] posted on her blog about the daily grind.
My daily grind is I get up, I work, I come home, I play with Cocobean or go to the Gym, I chill out.
Some days I go out of a night with friends, drink cocktails, go to the beach, see movies, be silly etc.

My life is so boring to me.
Yes, I have a disposable income.
Responsibilities, but nothing life or death.
It had never occurred to me, prior to now, that my life is desirable to other people.

I hope you can forgive me for flaunting what I thought was a mundane existance.
I would trade with you in a heartbeat. What you have, what you are getting.

Your life means something. You mean something to other people. You are needed. Wanted.
I am none of those things.

I guess you really do need to walk a mile in someone else shoes.
But even then, would you be happy with your new ending? Or would you give it all up to go back to what you originally had?

Are you ever really happy with what you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment