Friday, June 4, 2010

Ms Independent. May 22, 2010

I’ve always been the girl that was convinced she could do it all.
and all on her own.

I could have the dream apartment.
The fabulous furniture
The well trained poodle

My dream life was set.
I would have a personal trainer.
A chef. A cleaner.
A mercedes… or a lexus.
A view of the ocean.
Great friends and an even greater wine supplier.
I would be a real housewive of the Eastern Suburbs – without the wife part.

All the guys I have ever dated seem to relish who I was.
I didn’t want clingy. I didn’t want marriage and I certainly didn’t want babies.
I hated doors being opened, chairs pushed in.
And only reluctantly would I hold their hand or show any public displays of affection.
I think this is why I always ended up finding out my perfect man, was married.

Now I am older.
I know I can’t afford the personal trainer.
The chef.
The merc, or the lexus.
I am practical now.
I have also realised it will be a struggle for me to ever buy a house on my own terms.
On my own.

But, I don’t want “on my own” anymore.
I want the house with realistic furniture.
The loving husband.
The loud, noisy, fun and sweet babies.

I want midnight wake-up calls.
Snuggles in front of the fire.
I will trade my dreams of dancing til dawn with tall, dark strangers.
And I will trade in the perfectly behaved poodle.
All for a loving partner, and a chubby little baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment